Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lost and Found

Whats on my heart today is the sense of being lost. I'm not talking about the popular TV show (which I've never seen). No, I'm talking about that "empty inside" feeling. You know the one...we've all been there in one way or another. It's that sense that life is falling apart; that even though you have friends, you are alone. Maybe you have money problems, marriage/relationship problems, screaming kids, a lousy job...or no job. Whatever life's circumstances, you just can't seem to find peace. That's being lost.

I've been there. I spent many years of my life in that empty place and I know that its not a place of peace. I even came to the point of suicide, but thankfully was rescued before that happened.

Are you lost and empty?



Here's what I learned, and how I became found and full. First...there is no substitute for quality relationships...friends, family, spouse...every relationship in your life. You MUST insist on only maintaining those with people who are positive, solid, giving personalities. This means making some hard decisions and taking action. Even family members may need to be put on the back burner if they are toxic. Second...you must find someone who is capable of loving you in SPITE of who you are, and be willing to trust them completely. Third...its time to be honest with yourself and with others. You cannot find peace in dishonesty of any kind. Finally, and most importantly, you cannot find peace without faith.

God is waiting for you. The really cool thing about Him is that he doesn't care what you done, where you've been, what you've said...He just loves you and wants you to come home to Him. He sacrificed his own son to be brutally murdered so YOU have the opportunity to be His. If you think faith is a bunch of rules and regs you don't want to be a part of, you are missing the point, and you're missing out. FAITH, unlike religion, is about relationships and freedom...and PEACE.

Now...I don't know who needs this blog to chew on, but it seems someone always does. If you know me, read this, and find it's talking to you and you want to begin a new path (or go back to an old one) toward peace, I'd love to help you find it. Jesus died to save you . If you're good enough for Jesus, you're good enough for me. Trust...be honest...you may be lost, but you can be found. The old church song says it all; Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind but now I see.

Blessings...and Peace

1 comment:

Leisia said...

Wow, I don't know how I missed this post so long ago. I just now read it. That is a beautiful post and it is so very true. I wish you would post more often, I really enjoy them.